- 1976-1978 Electronics technician degree
- 1980-1984 Music education, Classical guitar
- 1996-1999 Pedagogical Degree (PDa) for sound and light designers
- 1978-1987 Surveyor (Ylivieska city technical services)
- 1987-1988 Audiovisual Assistant & Recording engineer (Avec Audiovisual, Oulu)
- 1988-1992 Audiovisual designer & Recording engineer (Image Audiovisual, Oulu)
- 1994-1998 Sound educator, deputy line director (Vocational school of Western Lapland, Tornio)
- 1998-2001 Sound educator, deputy line director (Merikoski adult education centre, Oulu)
- 2001- Lecturer, lecturer in sound design and production(Karelia University of Applied Sciences, Joensuu)
- 1985-1995 Studio Hakola Oy: Producer, recording engineer, VO artist etc.
- 1998- Juha Linna Productions: Sound designer, producer, recordist, VO artist, acoustic consultant etc.
- 2002- Linna Bros: Music recordings, producer, musician, recordist, backround singer etc.
- 2001-2003 Studio acoustic design; consultant, designer and supervisor (Mediacentre Rikastamo, Riihimäki)
- 2005-2008 Music Technology project EMUTE. Project manager (ESR/EAKR EU-funded)
The main production references summarized in a short list
- 1984- Music recordings; over 450 published recordings. Recording technician/engineer/producer etc.
- 1988- On location recordings: YLE, BBC, Euronews, ARTE, ZDF (2DF), DW etc.
- 1998- Film sound designer/recordist/sound supervisor: Sankarit (FI 2001),Magnetic North (UK 2003), Barnavännen (SWE 2004), Prinsessa (FI 2010)
- 1985- Radio and TV commercials: VO artist, sound designer & producer. Hundreds, hundreds and more.
- 1987- Multi-image shows: Programmer, sound designer & technician.(Avec audiovisual & Image Audiovisual)
- 1987- Corporate films: Recordist, sound designer, assist. producer & VO Artist: Hundreds . Several films awarded.
- 2000- Music videos & DVD:s: Recordings & sound design: Hurriganes (Oowe Oohla -2007), Teddy & The Tigers (Dancing Shoes -2008), Topi Sorsakoski (Hurmio -2007), Melrose (In The Meanwhile -2009)